This episode shares Dr. Choi's answers to interview questions from the Alexa Prize this year. Each question is spoken in a female voice, followed by Dr. Choi. We hope this will give you a better idea of why we are developing a socialbot. Enjoy!
Sarah Finch, James Finch, Han He, Daniil Huryn, Mack Hutsell, Sophy Huang, and Brandon Zhou are mentioned in this episode.
- [00:00] Intro
- [01:03] Introduce yourself, your team, and school program. What role do you play on the team?
- [01:43] Why did you choose the field of AI? What sparked your interest?
- [03:21] How did you hear about the Alexa Prize? What interested you about the competition?
- [04:11] How did you assemble your team? What skills and qualities were you looking for in team mates?
- [05:24] What is the name of your team and how did you choose the name?
- [06:05] How did your team approach designing and building your socialbot? Where did you start and how did this evolve over time?
- [08:02] What was some of the most surprising feedback that you received from peers during this process?
- [08:41] What was the most challenging part of this project? Did you encounter any obstacles or roadblocks during this process? How did you overcome them?
- [09:37] What was the most rewarding part of this project?
- [10:21] Do you have a favorite memory of this project? Or an aha moment when things came together for you or your team?
- [11:01] Do you think you’re going to win? Why or why not?
- [11:42] Do you have any final things that you would like to share or say?
- [12:44] Outro